Manchukonda Prakasham Industries India Private Limited is India’s largest manufacturers of Pre-Stressed Cement Concrete (PSCC) poles and currently the market leader having largest production capacity as well as market share. The company’s production capacity, spread over 5 plants across India, is well over 1.5 million poles per annum. Among other players, organized or unorganized, It is the most preferred vendor chosen by power distribution companies for assured deliveries of poles of any quantity, anywhere and anytime. It is has proved time and again that it is the only reliable company that can deliver large quantities of poles in short time during emergency situations like that of Hudhud and Gaja cyclones.
Manchukonda Prakasham Industries India Private Limited (MPIIPL) is No. 1 manufacturers of Pre-Stressed Cement Concrete (PSCC) poles in India/SouthAsia with annual production capacity of 1.5 million poles split across its 5 plants located in 4 majors states in India – Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. The plants cater to Rural Electrification demands by various state governments and corporate customers in India.
The company has currently established itself as the market leader in South Asia, having started off its operations way back in 1971. It has been producing around 1 million plus poles per annum since the financial year 2006-07.
In the year 1995, the company established its first production unit at Renigunta Mandal, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh, India. After successfully running that unit for 4 years, the second unit was established in the year 1999 at Bibinagar, Nalgonda Distirct, Andhra Pradesh, India. The Bibinagar unit is known in the market as the single largest manufacturing unit in India and rest of South Asia. These two units are presently meeting the demands of 3 electricity distribution companies out of four such companies formed by Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board. These 2 production units are covering the needs of neighboring states as well. The company established its third production unit near Varanasi in 2005 to address the demands from customers located in the state of Uttar Pradesh and other neighboring states. Its fourth production unit, with a capacity of 0.5 million poles per annum, is operational near Sholapur in the state of Maharashtra since 2008. Its latest production unit is located at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and is operational during the current year 2012.
In addition to the reputation of being a ´quantity´ producer in terms of volume of production, MPIIPL is also known for maintaining highest ´quality´ standards for its entire line of products. Its production processes are governed by stringent quality norms as per ISO 9001:2000 guidelines. Its raw material procurement policy is guided more by quality factors than cost factors.
A summary of key events in the company's history
- In 1984, the proprietorship firm was reconstituted as a partnership firm.
- The company was engaged in contract services such as electrical lines and sub-stations, UG / AB cable works and civil & building works in 1993-94.
- The first pole manufacturing plant went into operations at Tirupati in the year 1995 as a first private poles manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh.
- The second pole manufacturing plant was commissioned at Bibinagar, near Hyderabad, in 1999. This has been the largest pole manufacturing plant in India since its inception.
- Manchukonda Prakasham, promoter of MPIIL, has been given the coveted ´Pearls of Andhra Pradesh´ award as First Best SSI Entrepreneur for ´Par Excellence´ by the Chief Minister of Government of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2003-2004.
- The third pole manufacturing plant was commissioned at Chopan, near Varanasi, UP in 2005.
- The company undertook major plant modernization program in 2007 like installing automatic Concrete Batch Mixing Plant etc.,
- The company has commenced implementation of ERP in 2007.
- The state-of-the-art fourth pole manufacturing plant was commissioned at Sholapur, MH in 2008.
- A fifth plant was commissioned in Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) in 2011.
- The company’s turnover, for the first time, has crossed Rs. 1 Billion in the financial year 2007-08.
- In 2008, the partnership firm was reconstituted as a private limited company under Part IX scheme of Companies Act 1956 and the partners became directors.
First Best Entrepreneur
Mr.Manchukonda Prakasham, promoter of MPIIPL, has been given the coveted ´Pearls of Andhra Pradesh´ award as First Best SSI Entrepreneur for ´Par Excellence´ by the Chief Minister of Government of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2003-2004.
Corporate Social Responsibility
As part of voluntary Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives, Manchukonda Prakasham Industries India Private Limited has been supporting educational and healthcare institutions to improve primary education standards and general healthcare.
The company has adopted 4 primary schools and has been providing them with various facilities and infrastructure.
Please visit Manchukonda Foundation.